Лектор — Клаудио Франчески (Claudio Franceschi), директор центра биофизики и биоинформатики Университета Болоньи в Италии, главный редактор научного журнала Ageing Research Reviews.
Темы, которые будут обсуждаться на лекции:
- Garbaging — age-related dysregulation of the production of endogenous “molecular garbage” as a result of lifelong, persistent exposure of exogenous pollutants (inflammatory stimuli);
- Degeneracy — innate inflammatory response as side effect of “promiscuous” garbage-fixing machinery (Pattern-Recognition Receptors (PRRs));
- Inflammaging — a chronic, low-grade inflammation as basis for human aging. Inflammaging can be conceptualized as an evolutionary unpredicted byproduct of the degeneracy of PRRs. All age-related diseases (ARDs) and geriatric syndromes (GSs), including obesity and metabolic diseases share an inflammatory pathogenesis and are manifestations of accelerated aging so inflammaging should be treated at first as highly significant risk factor for both morbidity and mortality in the elderly people;
- Continuum of possibilities in aging and ARDs/GSs: centenarians and their offspring with decelerated aging VS patients with ARDs/GSs;
- Markers for distinguishing biological and chronological age for identifying risk degree of developing ARDs and GSs: DNA methylation, N-glycans profiling, GM composition and circulating cell-free DNA to complement the available disease-specific markers;
- New integrated demographic, ecological and evolutionary perspective in aging investigation as highly context-dependent, dynamic processes/phenomena both historically and individually. Within this scenario, particular attention will be devoted to centenarians, gut microbiota, Mediterranean diet and food timing related to the maintenance of circadian rhythms. inflammaging in between a digitalized/big data and a personalized approach.
Лекция пройдет на английском языке. Вход свободный.