Step 1: Applying for Visa
To study at MIPT you will need to apply for a student visa at the Russian Embassy in your country of residence.
- Check the study visa requirements at the Russian consulate in your country of residence. The list of documents may vary depending on your country of origin!
- Your travel passport has to be valid for no less than one and a half-year.
- For visa processing you may require an Invitation letter.
- If you're studying on fee (contract) basis, MIPT applies to the Federal Migration Service for an official invitation letter (issuance usually takes about 1 months).
- If you're studying on scholarship basis, the Invitation letter will be provided by the Ministry of Science and High Education of Russian Federation and issued at the Russian embassy/consulate directly in your country of residence.
Please note! MIPT only supports visa applications for accepted students and does not provide visa support for their family members and/or friends.
Step 2: Visa issuance
All students will be issued a single entry visa. Upon arrival at MIPT, students must apply for a multiple-entry visa that will be valid for the entire period of their studies.
By entering Russian Federation you will be provided with a migration card which has to be filled in before crossing the border.
Step 3: Registration
Registration is the document that confirms the legal residence in Russia. It has personal information of the person and the address of accommodation.
After entering the territory of the Russian Federation, you are obliged to register your arrival in the International Department (Migration Support, Auditorium Building 312) on the first working day following the day of the arrival.
To be registered by MIPT, you should submit the following
- migration card.
Please note! If you travel in Russia and stay in another city for more than 7 working days, you will need to receive a new registration. If you go abroad for a holiday, after you return to Moscow, you must apply for a new registration again.
Step 4: Multiple-entry visa
This type of visa replaces the single entry visa and is issued for the whole period of your studies. It allows you to leave and re-enter Russia as many times as necessary for the duration of your studies.
Please, visit the International Department in order to apply for the visa extension no later than 45 days before the previous visa expires.
- migration card;
- 1 photo (3x4 cm);
- visa extension fee payment;
- certificate of enrollment or letter of referral from the Ministry of Science and High Education (for state-funded students);
- a copy of your contract (for contract students);
- a copy of a diploma confirming prior education (if you've received it in Russian university).
Travelling inside Russia
If you want to travel outside Moscow Region, you should notify the International Department and the Migration Support Office in advance and fill the special application.