Modern algebraic geometry has a long history, and outstanding mathematicians of the planet have been studying it for centuries. Homological algebra flourished in the XX century, but since then it has also achieved impressive comprehensive results. Those who have decided to study this topic, will face a whole world of fundamental scientific ideas, where one might even get lost.
The staff of our laboratory is ready to help students and graduate students who have decided to start such an intellectual journey. However, everyone should be ready to take their own responsibilitн, since only a combination of independent work and supervision can lead to a positive result.
The activities of our employees cover a wide range of both fundamental issues of algebraic geometry and homological algebra. Their research is also focused on specific classes of varieties, their birational structure, topological properties, a wide variety of invariants, and applications of algebraic geometry to various issues of mathematics and physics.
You can find more information about research areas of our employees by clicking on their profiles below.
- On 6th of July 2020 Stanislav Grishin, technician of our lab, successfully defended his bachelor’s thesis. Congratulations!
A lecture course “Discrete integrable systems and Painlevé equations” by Professor Anton Dzhamay (University of Nothern Colorado) took place on 10-19 March 2020. The videos of lectures are avaiable at:
- Specialized seminar by A.I. Bondal and D.V. Dubnov Applications of Homological Algebra Methods to Algebraic Geometry (fall/spring 2019/2020).
- Applications of Algebraic and Geometric Methods to Integrable Systems and Quantum Physics Seminar (fall/spring 2019/2020).
- Special course by A.I. Bondal and D.V. Dubnov Homological Methods for Geometry and Algebra (fall/spring 2019/2020).
- Special course by I.V. Karzhemanov Riemann Surfaces and Algebraic Curves (fall/spring 2019/2020).
- Special course by S.Yu. Orevkov Topology of Real Algebraic Flat Curves (fall/spring 2019/2020).
If you have questions regarding the lab, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com