Modern Cryo-EM is a three-day international school organized by the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) and Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU). The spectrum of topics covered suits attendees that are new to the field as well as those increasingly using the technique in their research and wishing to acquire an in-depth understanding of the methodology. The program of the event features lectures and workshops held by the field’s leading researchers from Russia, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Germany, and France.
The number of participants is limited. School participants are expected to give a presentation of their current project.
- Theory and practice of cryo-electron microscopy
- Overview of instrumental infrastructure available worldwide
- Introduction to the Fourier transform and image formation principles
- Sample preparation methods
- Data collection strategies and image processing in tomography, single-particle analysis, and two-dimensional crystallography
- March 31 is the early bird registration deadline
- May 30-June 1, 2019, are the dates of the event
- History of the method
- Why is this topic so popular in recent years?
- Examples of use for biological research
- Theoretical background
- Anatomy of cryo-electron microscopes
- Sample preparation
- Experiment features and methods
- Tomography and single-particle analysis
- Sample heterogeneity and the problems associated with biological samples
- Working with images
- Programs and algorithms
- Valentin Gordeliy (co-chair), Institute of Structural Biology in Grenoble, France; Research Center Jülich, Germany
- Olga Sokolova (co-chair), MSU, Russia
- Elena Orlova, Birkbeck University of London, U.K.
- Vadim Cherezov, MIPT, Russia; University of Southern California, U.S.
- Marat Yusupov, Kazan Federal University, Russia
- Carsten Sachse, Research Center Jülich, Germany
- Andrey Rogachev (co-chair), MIPT and Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, Russia
- Valentin Borshchevskiy (co-chair), MIPT, Russia
- Natalia Iakovleva, MIPT, Russia
- Alexey Mishin, MIPT, Russia
- Ivan Gushchin, MIPT, Russia
- Maxim Nikitin, MIPT, Russia
- Ivan Okhrimenko, MIPT, Russia
- Evgenia Chirkina, MIPT, Russia
- Ekaterina Donskaya, MIPT, Russia
- Alina Remeeva, MIPT, Russia
- Anna Roshchenko, MIPT, Russia
- Anna Yudenko, MIPT, Russia
- Nina Malyar, MIPT, Russia
- Aleksandra Luginina, MIPT, Russia
- Anatoly Mikhailov, MIPT, Russia