Main Building (ГК)
Address of the building: town of Dolgoprudnyi, Institutskiy pereulok (lane), dom (building) 9.
There is a reason why this building is called the main building: at this time it is one of the most important buildings of MIPT. In addition to a large number of lecture halls, the following are located in it:
- on the first floor: a library and a small reading room, MIPT concert hall, conference room, information newsstands and stands of the “Poisk” newspaper, and also laboratory of nanooptics and femtosecond electronics;
- on the second floor: the main reading room (so-called “botalka”), “Za Nauku (For Science)” newspaper stands, MIPT Concert Hall, Center for Development of IT-education, class schedule, traditionally hung out in the lobby, the Social Development Department and one of the internal dining halls of the institute;
- on the third floor: the offices of the Rector and Vice-Rectors, rooms for laboratory work in general physics, Department of General Physics, and also the First Department, Second Department and the Trade Union Committee;
- on the fourth floor: Department of Higher Mathematics, Department of Theoretical Mechanics and Laboratory of Educational Center Demonstration Room of the Department of General Physics;
- on the fifth floor: Main physics auditorium and rooms for laboratory work on general physics.