© 2001-2018 Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
Laboratory of Artificial Quantum Systems
About the laboratory
The laboratory was created in April 2014 based on the results of an open competition atMIPT that was conducted as part of a program to increase the competitiveness of the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.
The technological and measurement resources of the laboratory include:
- Key nanotechnology equipment: electronic lithographer with a resolution of <10 Nm; high-vacuum evaporation units for thin metallic films and high-quality Josephson junctions of nanometric sizes.
- Instruments for the creation of ultralow temperatures: dilution refrigerator up to 10 mK.
- High-frequency equipment: vector network analyzer; spectral analyzer and signal analyzer; cryogenic amplifier with ultralow noise level.
Institute of Photonic Technology,
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology,
Field of research
Main activities of the laboratory
- Quantum electronics on achip: laser effect withasingle atom, quantum interference onan atom.
- Hybrid systems: nanomechanics, suspended qubit.
- New type of quantum standard of current: coherent quantum phase slip.
Potential application fields
- Quantum computers
- Quantum informatics (absolutely secured transmission of data)
- Quantum electronics devices of anew generation.
- Hybrid quantum systems of various applications (metrology, supersensitive sensors, amplifiers with peak performance, etc.).
Supervisor: Oleg Astafiev
Address: Office #124, Laboratory building, MIPT, 9, Institutskiy per., Dolgoprudny, Moscow Region, 141700.