1. To the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (State University) (MIPT) for the training in the basic educational programs of higher education (undergraduate, specialty, MA) are admitted foreign citizens, stateless persons, persons with residence in the Russian Federation, including nationals abroad (hereinafter - foreign citizens).
2. The admission of foreign citizens to MIPT is carried out in accordance with international treaties and intergovernmental agreements of the Russian Federation at the expense of the budget (including within the quotas set by the Government of the Russian Federation), as well as by contracts with tuition paid by individuals and (or) legal entities.
3. Admission of foreign citizens to MIPT at the expense of the budget is carried out within admissions quotas:
3.1 Under the direction of the Russian Ministry of Education to places within the quotas fixed by the Government of the Russian Federation in accordance with the Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation of August 25, 2008 № 638 "On Cooperation with Foreign Countries in the Field of Education."
3.2. In accordance with international agreements:
- Agreement on granting equal rights to citizens of states - parties of the Treaty on the deepening of integration in economic and humanitarian fields –Russian Federation Government Decree of 22 June 1999 № 662 (citizens of the Republic of Belarus, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kyrgyzstan and the Republic of Tajikistan);
- Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Georgia (Russian Federation Government Decree of 02.02.1994 № 43);
- Agreement on cooperation in the field of education, Tashkent 15.05.1992.
3.3.On the basis of the certificate of the State program to assist the voluntary resettlement to the Russian Federation of nationals living abroad – Russian Federation Presidential Decree 22.06.2006 № 637.
3.4. In accordance with the Federal Law of 24.05.1999 № 99-Federal Law "On State Policy of the Russian Federation in respect to nationals abroad."
4. Foreign nationals are accepted to MIPT:
4.1 Foreign nationals referred to in paragraph 3.1 are accepted to MIPT without entrance examination under the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation;
4.2 Foreign nationals referred to in paragraphs 3.2 - 3.4, are accepted to MIPT 1st year undergraduate study on a competitive basis to places financed from the federal budget, and to places with tuition paid under contract:
- presenting evidence of Unified State Examination (USE) in Russian, mathematics, physics (informatics);
- passing entrance examinations in mathematics, physics and the Russian language.
5. Foreign nationals referred to in paragraphs 3.2 - 3.4, are accepted to MIPT to 1st year master’s study on a competitive basis to places financed from the federal budget, and to places with tuition paid under the contracts in accordance with the Rules of admission to graduate MIPT in 2012.
6. Foreign citizens are accepted to MIPT on the basis of interviews, testing, and marks earned from the preceding stage of education to places with tuition paid under contracts with individuals or entities.
7. Acceptance of documents for the 1st year from foreign nationals, passing entrance examinations, takes place until _ July 2013 by a foreign citizen personal application form to which the incoming student attaches the following key documents:
- originals of foreign education documents, legalized (if necessary), or duly certified copies of recognized equivalents in Russian documents on the establishment of tests required for admission to the appropriate level of higher education, as well as their Russian translations, certified by Russian notary or Consulate of the Russian Federation in the country issuing certificates of education documents;
- a copy of a document confirming the identity of a foreign citizen in the Russian Federation with a photo, name and the name and translation of these pages in Russian (the original document is presented in person);
- a copy of birth certificate (if such a document is provided by the legislation of the state of birth);
- copies of documents or other evidence confirming the citizenship of nationals living abroad;
- a copy of a visa to the Russian Federation and (or) a copy of the migration card stamped by customs control upon entry to the Russian Federation;
- original health certificate, including a certificate of inspection on the absence of HIV, issued not earlier than 3 months prior to the filing out of documents;
- copies of documents or other evidence confirming the citizenship of compatriots living abroad, to those groups provided for in Article 17 of Federal Law №99-FZ;
- eight photos 3x4 cm
All translations into Russian should be made in the name specified in the entry visa.
8. Acceptance of documents for 1st year study from foreign nationals, representing a certificate of USE exam, takes place in accordance with paragraph 2.3.1 p.2.1.1 of the Rules of Admission to MIPT in 2012.
9. MIPT on a contractual basis with the National Academies of Sciences of countries of the former USSR, the Institute conducts admission of students in the first year of target groups.
The target group number is established by order of the MIPT Rector. Members of national teams from countries of the former Soviet Union, participating in international competitions for students in physics, mathematics and computer science in 2013, as well as the winners of the final stage of state Olympiads in physics, mathematics and computer science in 2013 are exempt from the entrance exams in physics, mathematics and computer science. Students of the target group, having graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Moscow, continue study in Master’s programs in departments of MIPT in countries of the former Soviet Union.
10. Transfer of foreign nationals from other universities of the Russian Federation to the 2nd year of study is achieved by tuition paid under contract. Transfer to places financed by the federal budget is possible for foreign nationals referred to in paragraphs 3.2 - 3.4.
11. Foreign students studying at the expense of the federal budget and expelled from MIPT may be reinstated for further studies on a contractual basis. Recovery to student status financed from the federal budget is possible for foreign nationals referred to in paragraphs 3.2 - 3.4.
12. Foreign nationals referred to in paragraphs 3.1 - 3.4 - graduates of undergraduate study at MIPT 2012 - enter master’s study at the institute to places financed from the federal budget and to places with tuition paid by contract, with committee recommendations from the faculty in which they plan to study and by decision of the Admissions Board.
13. Foreign citizens, graduates of other universities of the Russian Federation (bachelor’s, specialist, master’s) may enroll in master’s study at MIPT on a paid basis. Entrance to the master’s program, financed by the federal budget, is possible for foreign nationals specified in paragraphs 3.1 - 3.4., which have earned either a bachelor's degree or specialist’s degree.
14. Admission of foreign citizens as MIPT students is conducted in accordance with paragraphs 2.18 - 2.20 of the Rules of Admission to MIPT in 2013. Admission of foreign citizens accepted on a set basis (acc. 3.1 Procedure for Admission) is carried out in terms defined by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation.
15. All the provisions of the Rules of admission to MIPT in 2011 not contradicting the Order of receptionare extended to prospective student-foreign citizens and stateless persons.