Airbus is inviting teams of students from around the world to participate in the Fly Your Ideas Challenge, a contest that challenges students to develop new ideas to deliver a greener aviation industry.
The competition involves 3 progressively challenging rounds, starting in September 2010. Five teams will be selected to present their ideas to a panel of experts in June 2011 during the Paris Le Bourget Airshow, for a chance to win ?30,000 and a VIP trip to Airbus.
Fly Your Ideas was first launched in 2008. The first contest attracted more than 2,350 individual students (225 teams) from 82 countries. 86 teams went on to Round 2 of the competition, and 5 were chosen for the Final. More information about the projects and finalists from FYI 2009, as well as details of the current competition theme and evaluation criteria, can be found at www.airbus-fyi.com.
Who Can Participate in the Airbus Fly Your Ideas Challenge?
College & University students from around the world studying:
- Foundation, Bachelors, Masters, MBA or PhD level degrees
- Any academic subject
- Full-time or part-time students (as long as they are not working at Airbus)
– Students should form a team of 3 to 5 people and must be supported by one member of academic staff.
– Teams can be made of students from the same institution or from institutions miles apart – even in different countries!
– Students can create their own team, or go to the Airbus FYI 2010 page on Facebook to meet other students who want to join the competition and could form a team together.
Why should students get involved?
In addition to a VIP trip to visit Airbus, an invitation to the Paris Le Bourget Air show and the chance to present to a panel of experts at the final, Airbus is offering:
- First Team Prize ?30,000
- Runner-up Team Prize ?15,000
All participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about Airbus, the aviation sector and eco-efficiency.
- Network and engage directly with Airbus Mentors – one member of staff assigned to support each team during round 2 of the challenge.
- Acquire and develop essential skills, such as planning, presentation skills, team work and communication.
- Projects will be evaluated by industry experts so that students can gather feedback and suggestions.
Fly Your Ideas 2011 – Key Dates
Teams can register from Friday 23rd July at www.airbus-fyi.com.
- Round 1 takes place from 1st Sept to 10th Dec 2010
- Round 2 takes place from 17th Jan to 15th April 2011
- Round 3 takes place from 16th May to 17th June 2011
- The final presentation and awards ceremony will be held during the Paris Le Bourget Airshow, in June 2011.
How can you/your students get involved?
Students can join Airbus for an interactive presentation about Fly Your Ideas and Airbus’ approach to eco-efficiency at the Farnborough Air Show on 23rd July > to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information about the competition, a detailed briefing pack on the theme and evaluation criteria, or the role for academic staff, please contact us at email@example.com or refer to the competition website from 23rd July.
Please share this information with your students if you think they may be interested in forming teams.
Please note that Fly Your Ideas has been launched to stimulate ideas and exchange between Airbus and the global student and academic community, and is not part of Airbus’ recruitment process or a vehicle to recruitment at Airbus.